We offer our clients a unique combination of unparalleled technical, operational, and governance expertise, international grant making and giving experience, and cross- and intra-border based leadership.
We structure funding awards and complex grant making solutions, and help our clients successfully navigate some of the world’s most difficult regulatory environments.
We offer infrastructure design advice in four primary areas:
- Design of governance structures
- Evaluation and design of governance materials
- Assessment of board structure and performance
- Design of board recruitment and retention strategies
- Creation of strategic agendas for board retreats and meetings
- Facilitation of board retreats and meetings
- Design and facilitation of board member orientation
Organizational Design and Compliance
- Analysis and design of entity structures
- Assessment and design of operational and organizational infrastructures
- Design of organizational capacity building plans
- Assessment and design of organizational strategies and work plans
- Analysis and performance of operational and legal compliance
- Integration of evaluation into operations
Grant Making and Management
- Assessment and design of grant-making and grant management programs, policies, processes, and procedures
- Analysis and performance of grant and grantee due diligence
- Assessment and design of grantee eligibility processes
- Design of grant materials and templates
- Integration of evaluation into grant making and management
- Design and review of scholarship and fellowship programs
- Design and implementation of unique giving legacies
- Creation and implementation of philanthropic plans
- Analysis of research and trend reports
- Design and support of donor collaboratives
- Structuring and facilitation of simple and complex gifts
- Analysis of grantee and social investment options
- Creation of innovative funding mechanisms and vehicles
Workshops, Trainings & Conversations
In each of these advice areas, we also conduct workshops and design learning modules for staff, board members, management, and individuals interested in learning about any aspect of that advice area.
We conduct trainings for operations, grants management, and legal departments within philanthropies to help them design training plans and modules for staff, priority plans for the department, and policy and process assessments.
We facilitate private conversations about innovative, risk-taking social change among investors and philanthropists. We use these conversations to create funding pools to facilitate change around the world.
In-House Infrastructure Design
We work with leanly-staffed NGOs and family foundations by serving as in-house Chief Operating Officer, responsible for facilitating strategic planning, building operational infrastructure, designing and managing grant processes, and implementing key operations.
We provide private coaching and advice for counsel and other professionals responsible for structuring grants and grant making at philanthropies to help them build out their teams and portfolios, and establish their role(s) within the philanthropy.