We offer our clients a unique combination of unparalleled technical, operational, and governance expertise, international grant making and giving experience, and cross- and intra-border based leadership.
We structure funding awards and complex grant making solutions, and help our clients successfully navigate some of the world’s most difficult regulatory environments.
We offer infrastructure design advice in the following key areas:
Governance: We help executive teams and boards ensure their organization’s governance structure and board can support their work.
- Assessment and design of governance structures
- Evaluation and design of governance materials
- Assessment of board structure and performance
- Design of board member education programs and orientation
Organizational Structuring: We help Executive Directors and Chief Operating Officers review their organizational structures, create positions, and review current portfolios to address structuring and capacity issues.
- Analysis and design of entity structures
- Assessment and design of organizational infrastructure
- Design of staffing and management structures
- Analysis of operational and legal compliance
Grant Making and Management: We help program, legal, and grants management teams successfully incorporate innovation, risk management, and structuring into grant making.
- Assessment and design of grant-making and grant management programs, policies, and processes
- Assessment and design of scholarship and fellowship programs
- Assessment and structuring of grant-making vehicles
Charitable Giving/Investing: We help individuals and families design giving and social investment vehicles and philanthropies.
- Design of social-impact ecosystems, including philanthropies
- Design of donor collaboratives
- Structuring of simple and complex gifts
- Assessment and design of innovative funding mechanisms and vehicles, including DAFs, PRIs, and MRIs
No solution is the same. If you would like to explore how Build Up Advisory Group® can address your or your organization’s specific needs, schedule a complimentary Discovery Call with us today.
Speaking Engagements, Workshops, & Trainings
Nic can be booked for speaking engagements discussing any of these four areas. The audiences for these engagements range from intimate, private conversations among board members, investors, or philanthropists to groups of program and executive teams to hundreds of grant-making and grants management professionals.
We also conduct workshops and design learning modules in each of these advice areas for staff, board members, executive leadership, and individuals interested in learning about any aspect of that advice area.
Finally, we conduct trainings for operations, grants management, and legal teams within philanthropies to help them design training plans and modules for staff, priority plans for the team, and policy and process assessments.
All access in-house advising for pressing organizational and grant-making matters
We work with leanly-staffed nonprofit organizations and private foundations by serving as in-house Advisor, responsible for designing and assessing organizational infrastructure, grant-making processes, and governance.
We provide private coaching and advice for in-house counsel and other professionals responsible for structuring grant making or organizational infrastructure to help them build out their roles, teams, and portfolios within the organization.